Wednesday, May 9, 2012

How to Ask Questions

Hey guys! Welcome to our site. So, here's how you can ask questions.

1. Comment on this blog post (comment will be your question) and we will make each question an individual post (since only we have access to post blogs). This post will have your answer from either Maggy, Reed, or both.
2. This site is under Maggy's email address, but Reed has access to it as well, so both of us will be reading/answering.
3. Sorry if there is any confusion. We hope you enjoy our site and that it is of good use to you.

***P.S. If you have a gmail and go to our blog, I think you can make a Display name to comment on our blog, so that will help us respond to you by that display name. If you want your question to be anonymous, try to pick a display name that doesn't give away who you are (so, don't write your email adress or something that has your name in it).
However, if you don't have a gmail, it's okay. You can still comment as an Anonymous, but try to sign off as a certain name if you can, so you know which answer belongs to you. (Example: Sincerely, Anonymous 1 or Sincerely, Mr. Confused) Something like that. Make up a name!)***


From yours truly,
Priory Peers :)

33 comments:

  1. hey priory peers,
    i've liked this boy for a really long time but he has a girlfriend. his girlfriend is one of my really good friends so i feel really bad. i dont know what to do.
    -anonymous girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priory peers :)

    I've been having a problem with a outside-of-school friend for a while now. We've been friends for a long time, but these days, I've felt like she's been really distant and stops talking to me sometimes. Though I realize she's busy, I can't help but feel a bit sad that she's treating me this way. I know I might sound childish, but I'd really love some advice about this :)

    sincerely,
    Ms. Anon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel like i can only do whatever my friends are doing even if i dont want to. how do I tell them that??

    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friend is depressed. Simple as that. Been diagnosed and everything. I just want to help her, because she's amazing, but sometimes I can't find the right things to say. Uh in question for, I guess just what should I do? In general.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What activities are there to do in Portola Valley? It can seem like a pretty boring place sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes, I feel as though the Priory community is a little too small, and that I want to meet new people outside of school. However, as a dormer, that is difficult to do because we scarcely have connections outside of school, such as to churches, sports clubs, etc. How would you recommend going about this?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel that sometimes I am misunderstood and looked at wierdly for being myself and I don't feel comfortable when I'm in groups talking with friends. I wish people could see the real me but I feel like they haven't given me a chance.
    High School Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want a boyfriend not because of the label that travels with it but because of the close relationship I get out of it. Any advice?
    Anon girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. So no need to go on anon because people will figure out who I am anyways, BUT here it goes.

    So I got three tickets to next year's One Direction concert. One for myself, one for Molly and then the third one is the problem.

    My parents don't let me go to concerts alone (for I don't know why...they're just really cautious and protective I guess) and so I would need supervision. This other girl though sort of expects me to bring her because we planned to buy these tickets together. (it was nearly impossible to get four tickets...three was my best bet).

    In the past though this girl has been manipulative, rude, backstabbing and just overall mean to me, so I don't have any huge want to bring her, but I know if I don't she'll be really pissed off.

    So on one hand, when the concert comes around, I'll be 16 years old, and my parents might have loosened up, and I do feel obligated to bring this girl, but on the other hand, if I can't convince my parents to let me go alone, this girl won't be able to come resulting in a problem. What do you think I should do?

    Sorry it's so long! Thank you!
    Meagan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My grades and rapidly dropping. I got a C- and a D- on my last two science quizzes
    I got a C+ on an english essay
    I got a D on my last history test
    I got a C on my last language quiz

    My GPA is gonna get so low and my parents are going to kill me. I study a ton. Admittedly, I do get sidetracked, but it's not like I don't try. I just don't get it and there's almost zero motivation in school (especially at the end of the year)

    How can I break these grades to my parents and any tips on getting them back up? What do colleges look for?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stressing SophomoreMay 15, 2012 at 6:41 PM

    Hey Priory Peers

    My grades have been dropping 2nd semester, and my close friends are getting pretty judgmental. A few of them don't realize that they are being kinda mean...not realizing they are making insulting comments about my work ethic. what should I do? I'm trying really hard, but alot has been going on this semester that is too complicated to explain to them.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Priory Peers,

    Recently a lot of my friends have been "un-friending" me on facebook. Mostly, it's because I haven't seen them since I graduated from middle school. Nevertheless, I don't want to end our friendships, but because I now live so far away I can't really get a chance to see them anytime soon. How can I mend these friendships?

    Sincerely,

    Troubled

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like no one at school can see the real me and that I am judged for my appearance. How can I change this?

    Sincerely,

    Self-Conscious

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. when I was walking out of class today some boys behind me asked if I worked in a bakery.

    what does that even mean!??!

    thanks for the help.

    -- Possible Baker..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey,
    I self-harm, and am extremely self-conscious about my scars. I don't know what to do about them, or how to cover them up. It also turns out that a teacher reported me to Ms Martenetti(No clue how to spell her name) and she acted like a snobby jerk.
    So, I guess the question is, "What should I do?"
    Love,
    Clueless

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm worried about balancing classes I want to take with creating a good college app. I don't know what to do and it's stressing me out

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lately I've had no motivation to do...anything. All I want to do is lie around and stare at walls. My brain is not functioning. at all.

    Any advice on how to keep motivation up at the end of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So I am terrible at studying for anything, so as you can imagine, finals are an end of the year death sentence. Any tips you might have to help me stay motivated or make studying any less mind numbing? Thanks!

    love,
    anony mouse

    ReplyDelete
  20. Priory Peers,

    I love this boy, but we're not in a relationship. He told me that he is in the process of getting over his ex, and I don't think I have a very good chance with him because we are like best friends. I want to tell him about my feelings for him because we are so close and we tell each other everything... But I'm nervous and scared to tell him because I don't know how he'll react. Also, I never get the chance to talk to him alone. But I NEED get this off my chest and tell him - I've been hiding it for way too long. Any ideas on how to approach this?

    - Lovesick

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't control myself around boys
    and I just can't say no!
    How do I just be friends with a boy?

    - PEACEOUTHATERS

    ReplyDelete
  22. how can i tell if i am a gud dancer at skewl dances
    i am so self conscious about the way i dance

    thanks reed
    - u da best

    ReplyDelete
  23. Soo... I really like this boy but his friend told me that he likes my sister instead. She always steals my men! ):

    ALSO... she doesn't even like him!

    How do I win his heart? (;


    love, T.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Priory Peers,
    I've been worrying a lot about my weight recently. Summer is coming soon and I want to look good in a bathing suit. I feel like I gained alot of weight and whenever I look in the mirror I feel fat. How can I look/feel good in a swim suit again?
    -FeelingFat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Priory Peers:)

    I am worried that a good friend of mine is going through depression. I have noticed she has these terrible cuts on her legs, and I am worried that she is cutting herself. I have no idea what to do. Should I approach her, or should I just leave her alone? I don't want to pressure her into telling me anything, I know this is something very difficult to cope with, but what if she takes it too far? Help please!

    Love, A

    ReplyDelete
  26. Priory Peers,

    My friends like to go to parties. I go with them and first its fun but then ppl start drinking and stuff and I dont like it. Alcoholism runs in my family and I dont want to become one. I dont want to miss out on the fun at parties tho and I want to be invited to them. What do I do?

    -Dontwanttobealcoholic

    ReplyDelete
  27. hey priory peers,

    i feel as though school is causing me to distance myself from socialization. im getting overworked lately, and i dont seem to find the free time to spend time with them. and the problem now is, when i do get the time, i feel behind, because i have not talked to them in awhile and have been left in terms of topics of conversation. also, i feel like some of my friends have changed, talking about things i feel uncomfortable about. what should i do?

    -slightlyconfuzzled.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey guys,

    i've been battling depression. And it's not the stereotypical one where you see the person upset all the time. It's like for me, i can put on that smile on my face and go to school. I can laugh and joke and make people laugh, but at the end of the day, i cry myself to sleep. I've been battling it for about ive years and it's slowly consuming my life. I feel like i'm losing control and i don't know what to do. I'm not afraid that i'm going to potentially do something harmful, but i am afraid of permanently losing the will to live. It takes so much just to get out of bed.

    What do i do?

    -notjustteenangst-

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello there! So this is totally embarrassing but I think I got a rash after prom and now I can't wear my bikini because everyone will see it and I am really depressed because I can't go swimming. Before prom I fell on the sidewalk and scraped my knee and now it is really infected
    will everyone think I'm ugly?

    - rashy

    ReplyDelete
  31. my friend who has the same name as a flower always eats PEPPERS.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey Reed and Maggy,
    My best friend is coming back from an exchange trip at the beginning of the summer. However, my two best friends from this year are leaving next year. I am nervous about whether or not we will still be good friends after a year. Furthermore, I would like to know if you have any advice on how I can make sure I stay friends with the two friends that are leaving. (one is leaving the country (for a semester) and the other is staying back a year)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, I'm not sure whether or not this advice column is still open, but I'm going to give it a shot. One of my really close friends said I'm boring and I'm not sure what I should do about it. I am thinking about not being friends with this person anymore because I don't want to hang out with someone who has no interest in what I have to say. This is a muli-faceted question; I would like some advice on how to be less boring. I feel like my friend might be right, and that scares me.
    p.s. Please don't just tell to be myself because that's what I do and it doesn't seem to be working.
    Sincerely-
    A Boring Person

    ReplyDelete