Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meagan

So no need to go on anon because people will figure out who I am anyways, BUT here it goes.

So I got three tickets to next year's One Direction concert. One for myself, one for Molly and then the third one is the problem.

My parents don't let me go to concerts alone (for I don't know why...they're just really cautious and protective I guess) and so I would need supervision. This other girl though sort of expects me to bring her because we planned to buy these tickets together. (it was nearly impossible to get four tickets...three was my best bet).

In the past though this girl has been manipulative, rude, backstabbing and just overall mean to me, so I don't have any huge want to bring her, but I know if I don't she'll be really pissed off.

So on one hand, when the concert comes around, I'll be 16 years old, and my parents might have loosened up, and I do feel obligated to bring this girl, but on the other hand, if I can't convince my parents to let me go alone, this girl won't be able to come resulting in a problem. What do you think I should do?

Sorry it's so long! Thank you!
Meagan :)


Hey Meagan!! 
Thank you for the honesty about who you are :) 
Okay, so about this girl....she doesn't seem like the bestest of friends. The first thing you should think about is how much the friendship means with this girl. If you say she's been manipulative, rude, and backstabbing then maybe it's not that great of a friendship. The best thing to do would be to take Molly (this is assuming one of your parent comes) and tell this girl the truth. Yeah, you got the tickets with her but if she's treating you badly then you should tell her, but in a nice way. You can say that you would love to take her but tell her why and how she hasn't been such a great friend. 
You want to be with people you care about and people who care about you. You want to enjoy the One Direction concert because it might be something you never forget! And you don't want it to be a bad memory thanks to one person. I'm sure one of your parents will be much better company than someone who treats you badly. You shouldn't feel obligated!
However, if your parents decide to let you go alone, along with Molly, and you have that one extra ticket left, it is up to you to decide if you want to give it to this girl or not. Our suggestion would be not to, because you don't want a special night ruined by someone who hasn't been that great of a friend. Go to the concert, take people you know you'll have fun with, and then later you can deal with the girl and tell her why you didn't take her. She needs to know the truth even if she won't accept it. Hopefully, she will understand. If not, then you know she's not a friend worth having. You still have a couple of months to think about it, but we hope you have an amazing time at the concert! :) 


Yours truly, 
Priory Peers

No comments:

Post a Comment