Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Troubled

Priory Peers,

Recently a lot of my friends have been "un-friending" me on facebook. Mostly, it's because I haven't seen them since I graduated from middle school. Nevertheless, I don't want to end our friendships, but because I now live so far away I can't really get a chance to see them anytime soon. How can I mend these friendships?

Sincerely,

Troubled


Hello troubled, 
we are really sorry to hear that your friends are "un-friending" you. However, there are some ways you can fix this! If it's because you haven't seen them since middle school, then you should call or text them if you have their phone number, just to check in and see how they're doing. We know it might seem awkward at first, but if you guys were good friends once, there's no reason you guys shouldn't be good friends now. You can also try connecting with them through other means, like email or something along those lines. Maybe you can send them a letter, too, if you have their address. 
However, if all of these things don't work, you need to realize that those people are not good friends because they don't care much about you, as hard as it may be. Friendship is something that's mutual, so you need to have friends who care about you just as much as you care about them. You shouldn't need to feel like it's your fault if they don't respond, because at least you reached out and tried to reconnect. A good friend would appreciate that and respond if they're interested in maintaining that friendship with you. We really hope this helps and that you hear from your friends very soon. :)


From, 
Priory Peers

No comments:

Post a Comment