Priory Peers,
I love this boy, but we're not in a relationship. He told me that he is in the process of getting over his ex, and I don't think I have a very good chance with him because we are like best friends. I want to tell him about my feelings for him because we are so close and we tell each other everything... But I'm nervous and scared to tell him because I don't know how he'll react. Also, I never get the chance to talk to him alone. But I NEED get this off my chest and tell him - I've been hiding it for way too long. Any ideas on how to approach this?
- Lovesick
Dear Lovesick,
Oh the joys of being in love. Well, we think you should tell him. Try to find some way, maybe after school or something, to get him alone and talk to him. We strongly suggest in person. These type of talks aren't made for Facebook, text, or AIM. It may seem hard or nervewracking, and overall, terrible, but you need to do it. One of us has gone through a similar situation, so we know what it feels like. When you tell this person all of these feelings you have for them, it feels scary at first, but for someone reason, it also feels like a HUGE weight has been lifted off your shoulders.
We would suggest that you make it clear that whatever happens, you still want to keep being really good friends, because friendship beats bf/gf relationships any day. Unfortunately, your conversation with him can go two ways. He could 1) tell you he feels the same way OR 2) tell you he DOESN'T feel the same way. If he says the first point, then great! Maybe, you guys could get to know eachother even more, and it would have been thanks to YOU who had the courage to tell him how you felt about him. However, if he says the second point, it will be hard at first. You'll feel like all those good, happy memories you've had with this person have suddenly disappeared and now it's all over. But, it's not! If you and him are best friends, like you say you are, then there is no reason you guys should stop being friends. These things happen. You can't control who you like. He should be able to understand. Even if he tells you he doesn't feel the same way about you, don't lose hope! He isn't the only guy on the planet. It may seem like he is now, but he's not. It might take days, weeks, even months, but trust us, you WILL get over him. Now, we can't predict how this situation will end, but we're just taking the general possibilities and advising you on what to do.
So, tell this boy, no matter how hard it is, because you can't imagine how much better you'll feel, regardless of what happens after you tell him. :)
Best of luck,
Priory Peers
No comments:
Post a Comment