Sunday, May 20, 2012

Feeling Fat

Dear Priory Peers,
I've been worrying a lot about my weight recently. Summer is coming soon and I want to look good in a bathing suit. I feel like I gained alot of weight and whenever I look in the mirror I feel fat. How can I look/feel good in a swim suit again?
-FeelingFat


Dear FeelingFat, 
there is a difference between 'feeling' fat and being fat. There are so many girls who say they are fat, when in reality, they are just the right size. The only way to find out if you are "fat" is to see if you're overweight or not. If you aren't, then you should not have to be worrying so much about your appearance, because you know you're at a healthy weight! If you are at a good weight, but still have some issues with your body, maybe you can look up some simple exercises that will help tone whatever you think needs work.
However, if you're overweight, you might want to consider eating a little healthier or maybe doing some exercise, like walking around downtown or going on a bike ride with a friend. It may seem like minor exercise, but it really does help! 
But remember, don't let the mirror fool you!!
If you're worried about your friends or family judging your body in a bathing suit, you shouldn't be. Your friends and family already accept you for who you are. They don't care how skinny you are or how big you are. They love you for who you are, so it's also important to feel comfortable around your friends and make sure that they love you just as much as you do. 
The biggest piece of advice we can give you is not to go on eating disorder diets, like skipping a meal, or not eating at all. You may think it will help you lose weight faster and easier, without exercising, but it really doesn't. Yes, you may lose weight, but you're still going to look the same if not worse, so it's not worth it. Plus, it can bring on some major health issues, so please do not try it! You are beautiful just the way you are. That's how you were made, and as long as you have family and friends who love you, there is no reason you should worry about what you look like. Have a fantastic summer and rock that body, regardless of what it looks like! :) 


Love, 
Priory Peers

No comments:

Post a Comment